Canada - OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow Network
Canadians can join the OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow Network which is administered by Canadian Blood Services. There is no cost to join the registry for Canadians. Here are the steps to follow to get registered:
- Get the facts - Make sure you understand what is involved in being a bone marrow donor and are committed. Note -- you must be between the ages of 17-50 to join the OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow Network.
- Fill out the application form. Click here to fill out the application form online on the Canadian Blood Services web site. Or, call Canadian Blood Services at 1-888-2DONATE.
- Once you have submitted your Health Assessment and consent online, you will receive an email telling you that OneMatch has received your information. They will then contact you by phone within 8-10 working days to discuss your eligibility to receive a buccal swab kit and proceed with your enrolment.
- When you receive your buccal swab kit, follow the instructions provided.
- You will be added to the computer database. Congratulations, you are now on the registry!
To date, Katelyn Bedard Bone Marrow Association has registered hundreds of potential donors and look forward to registering many more in the hopes of saving lives. Already our potential donors are being called to say that they might be the one match! This is very exciting for us!
If your school or organization is interested in hosting a Swab Event please contact us. As well, we need volunteers who are interested in being trained to participate in these events. If you can donate a few hours of your time or need to complete several hours of community service, please contact us. We look forward to working with you.